CGHS is a type of card issued by the government. This is a card through which people are provided a lot of facilities. This card is plastic. The person whose card is made, then the person has a unique ID number and a photo on this card, the card prepared in this way is called CGHS card. Many people are included in this scheme. Therefore, if you also want to know about CGHS, here you are provided with what is CGHS, full form of CGHS and detailed information of Helpline Number. So, here let’s know about CGHS Gangtok.
What Is CGHS?
CGHS is a health insurance plan. Through this scheme, comprehensive medical cover is provided to Central Government employees, pensioners and their dependents, as allopathic, homeopathic and AYUSH treatment systems are covered under this scheme. Those who get their CGHS card made by joining this scheme, those people get facilities through this card. The scheme has been launched under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and currently, the scheme has been operated in many cities including Chandigarh, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Pune. People have also started taking advantage.
Whom Does CGHS Apply To?
- This scheme is implemented on all Central Government employees and their dependent family members who live in CGHS cover areas.
- Apart from this, government pensioners and their dependent family members get the pension from Central Civil Estimates.
- The present and former members of Parliament are given the benefit of this card.
- Former governor and lieutenant governor are given this benefit.
- Freedom fighters are given benefits.
- Judges and former judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts are included in this scheme.
- The benefit of this scheme is also provided to employees and pensioners of some autonomous organizations in Delhi.
- Journalists (in Delhi) and recognized PBI also get its benefits.
- Delhi Police workers also get the benefit of this scheme.
- Railway Board employees also come under this scheme.
- Post and Telegraph employees are also covered under this scheme.
Facilities Offered Under CGHS:
- Employees are provided with OPD treatment along with medicines.
- Specialists in government hospitals or Polyclinic can be consulted.
- Government employees are given the facility of Indor treatment in government and empaneled hospitals.
- The government and empaneled diagnostic centers have been given the facility of investigation.
- Inexperienced hospitals and diagnostics for pensioners as well as other identified beneficiaries under this scheme
- Cashless facilities have been provided for treatment in the centers.
- In emergency, full income is arranged for treatment in government or private hospitals.
- Under this scheme, the expenses incurred for the purchase of artificial organs, equipment etc. are compensated.
- Family welfare, maternity and child health services are provided to the employees joining this scheme.
- Under this scheme, as a convenience to the employees, medicines and counseling are given in Ayurveda,
- Homeopathy, Unani and Siddha system of medicines (Ayush).
CGHS Cities List:
The latest list of CGHS Covered cities in India:
- CGHS Agartala, CGHS Ahmedabad, CGHS Aizawl, CGHS Allahabad (Prayagraj)
- CGHS Bangalore, CGHS Bhopal, CGHS Bhubaneswar
- CGHS Chandigarh, CGHS Chennai
- CGHS Delhi & NCR (Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Indirapuram, And Sahibabad) and CGHS Dehradun
- CGHS Gandhinagar, CGHS Gangtok, CGHS Guwahati, CGHS Goa
- CGHS Hyderabad
- CGHS Imphal, CGHS Indore
- CGHS Jabalpur, CGHS Jaipur, CGHS Jammu
- CGHS Kolkata, CGHS Kanpur, CGHS Kohima
- CGHS Lucknow
- CGHS Mumbai, CGHS Meerut
- CGHS Nagpur
- CGHS Pune, CGHS Patna, CGHS Puducherry
- CGHS Raipur, CGHS Ranchi
- CGHS Shillong, CGHS Shimla,
- CGHS Thiruvananthapuram
- CGHS Visakhapatnam
The list of 33 Wellness Centres at present functioning in the following cities…
- CGHS Agra, CGHS Ajmer, CGHS Aligarh, CGHS Ambala, CGHS Amritsar
- CGHS Bareilly, CGHS Baghpat, CGHS Berhampur
- CGHS Chhapra, CGHS Cuttack
- CGHS Darbhanga, CGHS Dhanbad, CGHS Dibrugarh
- CGHS Gaya, CGHS Gorakhpur, CGHS Guntur
- CGHS Jalandhar, CGHS Jalpaiguri, CGHS Jodhpur
- CGHS Kota
- CGHS Moradabad, CGHS Muzaffarpur
- CGHS Nellore
- CGHS Rajahmundry
- CGHS Silchar, CGHS Sonipat, CGHS Siliguri, CGHS Saharanpur
- CGHS Tiruchirapalli, CGHS Tirunelveli
According to the circular by CGHS
This is for information to all eligible Central Govt. Employees, Pensioners & other stake holders that, Central Govt. Health Scheme (CGHS) Wellness Centres sanctioned vide Govt. of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, CGHS(P) Division Order No.S. 11045/I/2013/HEC, New Delhi dated 17th November 2014 will be functioning from 15th August 2017 at H/o Mr. T.T. Lachungpa, 1st floor, Kludong Khim, Near DAC(East), Upper Sichey, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Road, Gangtok (Sikkim), Pin-737101 to provide comprehensive medical facilities.
The scheme will cover the Gangtok city and all eligible Central Govt. Employees and their dependent family members, Central Govt. Pensioners and their dependents and other eligible beneficiaries as per CGHS guideline residing in Gangtok city.
The beneficiaries will be able to avail the CGHS facilities through the Wellness Centre during office hours i.e. from 7.30 am to 2.00 pm in all working days except on Sundays & Holidays.
More Recommended Articles :-
- Schemes And Policies For Tribal People!
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Guidelines & Features
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme: Know In Details About The Scheme
- Standup India Scheme Features, Eligibility & Related Details
- Know About Some Important Government Schemes For Farmers
- Rajiv Arogya Bhagya (Rab) Scheme: Know In Details About It