The full form of CGHS is the “Central Government Health Scheme” because the scheme has been initiated by the Central Government. A plastic card will be made for the people joining this scheme, in which an ID and a photo will also be included, after which the person will start getting many benefits from this card. So, here let’s know about CGHS Tiruchirapalli.
What Is CGHS?
CGHS is a health insurance plan. Through this scheme, comprehensive medical cover is provided to Central Government employees, pensioners and their dependents, as allopathic, homeopathic and AYUSH treatment systems are covered under this scheme. Those who get their CGHS card made by joining this scheme, those people get facilities through this card. The scheme has been launched under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and currently, the scheme has been operated in 37 cities including Chandigarh, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai and Pune. People have also started taking advantage.
For Whom Is The CGHS Tiruchirapalli?
- This scheme is implemented on all Central Government employees and their dependent family members who live in CGHS cover areas.
- Apart from this, government pensioners and their dependent family members get a pension from Central Civil Estimates.
- The present and former members of Parliament are given the benefit of this card.
- Former governor and lieutenant governor are given this benefit.
- Freedom fighters are given benefits.
- Judges and former judges of Supreme Court and High Courts are included in this scheme.
- The benefit of this scheme is also provided to employees and pensioners of some autonomous organizations in Delhi.
- Journalists (in Delhi) and recognized PBI also get its benefits.
- Delhi Police workers also get the benefit of this scheme.
- Railway Board employees also come under this scheme.
- Post and Telegraph employees are also covered under this scheme.
Facilities Offered Under CGHS Tiruchirapalli:
- Employees are provided with OPD treatment along with medicines.
- Specialists in government hospitals or Polyclinic can be consulted.
- Government employees are given the facility of Indor treatment in government and empaneled hospitals.
- The government and empaneled diagnostic centers have been given the facility of investigation.
- Inexperienced hospitals and diagnostics for pensioners as well as other identified beneficiaries under this scheme
- Cashless facilities have been provided for treatment in the centers.
- In emergency, full income is arranged for treatment in government or private hospitals.
- Under this scheme, the expenses incurred for the purchase of artificial organs, equipment etc. are compensated.
- Family welfare, maternity and child health services are provided to the employees joining this scheme.
- Under this scheme, as a convenience to the employees, medicines and counseling are given in Ayurveda,
- Homeopathy, Unani and Siddha system of medicines (AYUSH).
CGHS Tiruchirapalli Empanelled Wellness Centers:
The postal Dispensaries functioning at SN High Road, Head Post Office Compound, Tirunelveli – 627001 and at HPO Compound, Birds Road, Tiruchirappalli – 620001 are taken over by CGHS.
These wellness Centres will commence functioning on the same premises as w.e.f. 1.4.2019.
These wellness centers shall cover all eligible Central Government Employees residing within 5 KM radius of the wellness Centers, eligible pensioners, and Ex-MPs, etc. Living in and around Tirunelveli and Tiruchirappalli as per CGHS guidelines.
More Recommended Articles :-