The Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) is a health scheme run by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It provides complete healthcare to the employees, pensioners, and their dependents of the Central Government of India. So, let’s know about CGHS Tirupati.
Health services under CGHS are provided by the Allopathic, Homeopathic and Indian systems of medicine which comes under the Department of AYUSH. Medical facilities are provided through dispensaries/polyclinics and Chief Medical Officers / Medical Officers have been appointed as in charge of dispensaries for the smooth functioning of the scheme.
Under this scheme, every central employee gets a CGHS card, through which he gets free treatment in government hospitals. Also, in the private hospitals included in the CGHS list, there is a discount on the fees of that hospital.
Facilities Available Under CGHS Tirupati:
Table of Contents
1. OPD treatment including the release of medicines
2. Expert consultation in government hospitals
3. Recruitment to Government and Impanelled Hospitals
4. Check-in government and empaneled diagnostic centers
5. Pensioners and other identified beneficiaries have access to cashless treatment in empaneled hospitals and diagnostic centers.
6. Reimbursement of expenses for emergency treatment in private and recognized hospitals under emergencies.
7. Reimbursement of expenditure incurred on the purchase of hearing aids, artificial limbs, etc.
8. Family Welfare and MCH Services
Person Eligible For CGHS Tirupati Facilities:
1. All Central Government employees residing in the areas covered by CGHS and their dependent family members.
2. Central Government pensioners receiving a pension from Central Civil Estimates and their eligible family members.
3. Current and former MP
4. Former Governor and Lieutenant Governor
5. Freedom Fighter
6. Former Vice President
7. Existing and former judges of Supreme Court and High Court
8. Employees and pensioners of certain autonomous organizations in Delhi
9. Accredited Journalist (in Delhi) with PIB (for OPD & RML Hospital)
10. Delhi Police Personnel Only in Delhi
11. Railway Board Staff
12. Central Government employees who have joined Central Public Sector Undertakings / Statutory Bodies / Autonomous Bodies and are receiving a pension from Central Civil Estimates.
More Recommended Articles :-