The National Insurance policy company is among the leading public-sector insurance (non-life) corporations in our country. The National Insurance Company has many plans under them and the National Mediclaim policy is one of them, which is basically a health insurance plan for individuals as well as for the whole family. The National mediclaim policy covers the medical costs incurred by an individual because of any illness, injury or disease.
Key Features Of The National Mediclaim Policy
- The key features of the National Mediclaim policy iareas follow. Check out the key features of this policy right below:
- The National Mediclaim policy is obtainable to individuals between the age group of 18 years to 65 years.
- Dependent children and parents between the age group of 3 months to 18 years will be covered under the National Mediclaim Policy
- The provided coverage to the dependent children and parents is 1%
- The Total Sum Insured for the policy is between INR 50,000 to INR 5 lakhs, in multiples of INR 25,000.
- You can renew the National Mediclaim Policy for lifelong
Coverage & Benefits Of The National Mediclaim Policy:
Check out the National Mediclaim Policy benefits right below:
Reimbursement of hospitalization costs that are rationally and essentially sustained under the subsequent cases:
- Ambulance costs up to 1% of the total sum insured, which is subject to a maximum of INR 2000 in the policy period.
- Room, nursing & boarding expenditures up to 1% per day of the total sum insured & for ICU charges up to 2% per day of the total sum insured, which is subject to a general limit of up to 25% of the total sum insured.
- Costs acquired due to anesthesia, oxygen, blood, surgical appliances, operation theatre expenses, drugs and medicines, diagnostic material, dialysis, X-ray, chemotherapy, charge of pacemaker, radiotherapy, cost of organs, and artificial limbs, hospitalization costs of the organ donor & similar costs subject to a general limit of up to 50% of the total sum insured.
- Costs incurred for charges of the surgeon, anesthetist, consultant, specialist and medical practitioner subject to a general limit of up to 25% of the total sum insured
Costs for Homeopathy and Ayurveda treatment are permissible up to 20% of the total sum insured
Cover for more than 140 day care processes, which call for hospitalization for not more than 24 hours.
There are incentives for good health as a cumulative bonus of up to 5% of the total sum insured and if the policy is repeated every year without any break.
Health check-up costs will be compensated at the conclusion of the block of 4 constant claim-free plans a maximum of up to 1% of the total sum insured.
Family discount of up to 10% will be permissible on your total premium in case the policy is purchased for a family including the policyholder and/or dependent parents, dependent children, spouse.
Cashless facility obtainable in more than 6000+ clinics across India
Premiums paid for the National Mediclaim policy towards the person, spouse, dependent parents, and dependent children are exempted from the Income Tax Act under Section 80D.
Recommended Articles :-
Exclusions Of The National Mediclaim Policy:
Here I have provided you the exclusions of the National Mediclaim Policy right below. Check out the exclusions down below:
No claims will be remunerated for the period of the first 30 days of the beginning of the National Mediclaim Policy, except for the accidental claims
Waiting periods under the National mediclaim plan is of ½ years or 6 months for certain precise illness or diseases or treatment
All pre-existing illnesses will be protected only after 48 months or 4 years of nonstop coverage with the National Insurance mediclaim policy
Diseases such as HIV or AIDS or STD will not be covered by the National insurance Mediclaim policy
Pregnancy, as well as pregnancy-related complications, cosmetic treatment, obesity, genetic disorders, hormone replacement, are excluded from the3 national insurance mediclaim policy
Psychosomatic & Psychiatric disorders, accidental injury arising under the influence of alcohol drug
Dental treatment expense, expenses of contact lenses, spectacles, hearing aid expense, and cochlear implants costs are also excluded.
Hospitalization mainly for the diagnostic purposes is excluded under the national Insurance Mediclaim Policy.