Our family is our biggest asset in life and to protect them in the best way is our foremost priority. To protect our loved ones we should buy them one of the best health insurance plans or mediclaim. So, if you are planning to buy a mediclaim for your Family then you can purchase the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim brochure for your family’s protection at the time of emergency.
Table of Contents
- 1. What is National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim and how it works?
- 2. Key Features of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Policy:
- 3. Benefits Of The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim:
- 4. Documents Required For The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan:
- 5. Eligibility Criteria & Restrictions For The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan:
- 6. Exclusions of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim:
- 7. National Insurance Health Insurance Renewal:
Policy Period: The policy period of this plan is 1 year only
Renewal Policy: Till 65 years old
Grace Period: 30 days
Sum Insured (Maximum): 5 lakhs
Sum Insured (Minimum): 2 lakhs
What is National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim and how it works?
The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim is a plan for the family that safeguards your entire family at the time of a medical emergency. For this, the policyholder has to pay a one-time premium for the entire period of his or her National Insurance Parivar mediclaim plan. The total Sum Insured that is selected by the sponsor can be collected by all members of that particular family.
Grace Period of the Policy
In the case of breakdown in your policy, 30 days of grace period will be given to you to recompense your premium. For the duration of this period you won’t get any coverage under the policy.
Key Features of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Policy:
It is always suggested to go through the key features of an insurance plan before buying the plan to check whether the plan meets your requirements completely or not.
So, here I have listed down the key features of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan right below. Check out the key features of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim plan before you headed for buying the policy.
The policy offers pre-hospitalization costs for a maximum of 15 days & post-hospitalization costs for a maximum of 30 days
Over and above 140 days of care procedures will be covered under the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Policy
You can renew the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy till the age of 65 years.
The Sum Insured quantity for this policy between INR 2 lakh – INR 5 lakh in incremental standards of INR 50,000
Expenses acquired for a certain single illness is restricted to 50% of the sum insured
This policy is designed for the whole family including self, dependent children & parents, spouse.
Charges of the room are restricted not more than 1% of the total sum insured & the charges for the ICU are restricted not more than 2% of the total sum insured
The operation theater (OT) charges are restricted up to 10% of the total sum insured
Pre-existing ailments are covered only after 48-months of continuation of your National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy coverage.
Co-payment is admissible up to 10% – 25% in the case of hypertension & diabetes
The policyholders may have to wait 2 years for some conditions such as cataract, sinusitis, prostatic hypertrophy, joint replacement operation, hysterectomy, hernia, hydrocele, etc.
Benefits Of The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim:
The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy comes with a number of benefits with it. Let’s now check out the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy right below:
- The facility of going cashless can be obtained within the network hospitals
- Tax assistance for premium remunerated can be obtained under section 80D of the income tax
- Room rent expenses are paid by the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim up to 1% per day of the total sum insured
- The severe care unit expenses are paid by the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim up to 2% per day of the total sum insured
- The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy pays for the hospitalization charges such as fees of the surgeon, anesthetist, consultants, and medical practitioners
- Nursing care expenses, oxygen, blood, RMO charges, the charge of the IV fluids, administration charges and injections charges are paid by the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Policy
- Coverage delivered for the surgery expenses when the protected person is bestowing an organ to a different person
Documents Required For The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan:
- The Application form or the proposal form
- A precise medical history
- Your name
- Your address proof
The medical inspection may be obligatory in some circumstances, depending on the total sum assured & the age of the individual.
Eligibility Criteria & Restrictions For The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan:
|Entry Age (Dependent children & Parents, Spouse)||3 months||25 years|
|Renewal Age||18 years||65 years|
|Policy Term||1 year||1 year|
|Coverage Amount||2 lakhs||5 lakhs|
Exclusions of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim:
- All types of treatments excluding allopathic are provided
- Injuries produced by war, nuclear weapons, or warlike activities are excluded
- Injuries arose under the effect of alcohol or drugs
- Any sexually conducted diseases, HIV, AIDS, and venereal diseases are excluded
- Dental costs except expenses ascending from an accident will be excluded
- Deliberate self-injuries or the injuries produced by the attempt to suicide will be excluded
- Maternity costs are excluded
- Any kinds of aesthetic or cosmetic treatments are excluded
National Insurance Health Insurance Renewal:
In the case of National Insurance renew policy/National Insurance renew online you will have to remember these below-mentioned facts.
i. The insured person can renew this policy throughout the lifetime.
ii. You can renew this Policy by mutual agreement beforehand the expiry date of the National Insurance Health Insurance Policy.
iii. The National Insurance Health Insurance Company is certainly not destined to conduct the renewal notice.
iv. The National Insurance mediclaim renewal online payment of this plan can be denied by the company on the basis of moral hazard, fraud, noncooperation or misrepresentation.
v. The company will allow a grace period of 30 days in case of a break in the plan. However, during the grace period coverage will not be available.
vi. If the insured person discontinue the Policy (because of death or some other acceptable and valid purpose)
- Any insured individual above 18 years of age can renew The National Insurance Health Insurance Policy
- However, only youngsters (less than 18 years of age) are protected, the Plan shall be allowable until the expiry date of the plan. The grandparents of the kid may be allowable to renew this Policy as assured, covering their grandchildren.
vii. In the event of the demise of the oldest insured individual
- The basic premium to be indicted shall be grounded on the stage of the following eldest insured individual.
- Benefits of health insurance exemption
- Easy ways for health insurance deductible
- Detailed Public Health Care Insurance laws: One should know
- Private Health Insurance in India: Know in Details
- Detailed Health Insurance laws: One should know
- Benefits of health policy and planning
- Basic knowledge regarding health insurance TPA
- Benefits of Family Floater Health Insurance
- Health Insurance Tax Benefit: Easy Ways to Avail
- Medical Insurance Tax Deduction: How to Save Income Tax