Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa is a health insurance scheme launched by the state government of Goa for all the people residing in the state for five and more years. Under this scheme, the government will provide an insurance cover of Rs. 2.5 lakh for a family of up to 3 members and an insurance cover of Rs. 4 lakh for a family more than 4 members in the state.
This scheme has been launched to facilitate and take the medical services to the next level, the State of Goa envisaged the present scheme to provide its people, quality medical care and treatment of diseases, hospitalization, and surgery through Government and private hospitals.
The welfare of the people of the State is the endeavor of any Government and to achieve this end, the social security net requires further strengthening. As a result, the State Government announced Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa in its State Budget to provide health coverage through an insurance policy Scheme to the entire resident population of the State. Thus, Health Insurance could be an innovative way of overcoming financial handicaps, improving access to quality medical care and providing financial protection against high medical expenses to the people of the State of Goa.
The government has tied-up with the United India Insurance Company Ltd for the insurance scheme, and the technical partner for providing the insurance cards will be Goa Electronics Ltd (GEL). In all, 16 centers across the state will be set-up by GEL for registration and issuance of the insurance scheme cards.
The annual installment of the insurance premium is Rs. The government will pay 3,206 per family to the insurance company. Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa provides health insurance for the entire resident population of Goa who is residing in Goa for five years and more.
The main aim of the scheme is to provide quality medical care, treatment of diseases, hospitalization, and surgery through Government and private hospitals. The objective of Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa is to provide health insurance to overcoming the financial problem, improving access to quality medical care and providing financial protection against high medical expenses to the people of the state of Goa. Various health packages come under this scheme. The insurance covered about 276 types of diseases in the government hospitals and 147 diseases in the private hospitals are also covered under this scheme.
- Medication for chronic lifestyle diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension. The amount shall not exceed Rs. 15000/- per anum.
- Medication for debilitating disorders like Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis and Cerebral Palsy.
- Mental Health/Ayurveda hospitalization ( based on NIMHANS/AYUSH) advise and restricted only to Government Hospitals/Institutions.
- High-end Diagnostics only on the referral of Govt. Hospitals /Doctors and at rates discovered and fixed by GMC.
- Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa covers an entire resident population of the State, residing in Goa for five years and more.
- Covers of up to 2.5 lakhs per annum for a family of three or fewer members.
- Cover of up to 4 Lakhs for a family of four and more members.
- The Insurance benefits can be availed individually or collectively by members of the family.
Check Related Article :-
- Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS): Know In Details
- All Details Of LIC Children’s Money Back Plan
- SBI Smart Champ VS Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Child Education Allowance Rules: Know In Details About It
- Details Of Children Education Allowance Exemption
- Child Education Plan: Know Which Is The Best Deal
- A person residing in Goa for five or more years is eligible for Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana.
- Government employees will not be covered under Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana.
- Adhar Card.
- Residence proof such as passport/Residence certificate (5 years residence in Goa)/Voter ID/Driving License.
- Ration Card.
- Caste certificate for OBC/SC/ST
- Disability certificate (if any)
Insurance Card Registration Fees (One card for one family):
Goa Electronic Ltd. (GEL) will provide the cards.
- On payment of Rs. 200/ for a family of 3 and less and Rs. 300/- for a family of
4 and above.
- Concession of 50% for OBC/SC/ST /Differently abled head of the family.