Social security and providing health care assurance for everyone has been the ideal of the Government of India and in this regard, the Government has taken various steps. Over two-thirds of the expenditure on health in India is out-of-pocket (OOP) expenditure, which is the most inefficient and irresponsible way to spend on health. That is why the Indian Government has come with Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme.
In order to test the vision of funding the demand side, the Government of India has enacted Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) for families living below the poverty line (BPL) with the objectives of reducing Out-Of-Pocket (OOP) expenditure on health and increasing access to health care. The scheme Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), decided to start a government health insurance scheme.
In this article, it has been explained in detail about the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), beneficiary list, its benefits, hospital list, smart card, and how you can take advantage of this scheme.
What Is Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)?
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) was launched by the Government of India, to deliver free medical insurance coverage for the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. The objective of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) is to provide security to BPL families with financial liabilities arising from injuries caused by recruitment due to any illness in the hospital.
What Is Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), Smart Card?
Smart cards are used for various activities such as identification of beneficiary and through fingerprint, information about the patient etc. The most important function of the smart card is that it enables portability to take advantage of this scheme to carry out transactions without any cash in the entire hospital and many other treatments across the country.
Authenticated smart card is assigned to the beneficiary at the enrollment station. If biometric information fails, the photograph of the head of the family heading on the smart card can be used for identification purposes.
How To Enroll In The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)?
Using a pre-specified data format, an electronic list of eligible BPL families is provided to the insurer. Nomination program with dates for each village is prepared by the insurance company with the help of district level officers.
According to the schedule, in every village, the BPL list is posted in the main places before enrollment station and nomination and the date and place of enrollment in the village is promoted in advance. Mobile enrollment stations are established in each village at local centers (eg, public schools).
These stations are equipped with the necessary hardware to protect photos of biometric information (fingerprint) and House members by the insurer and a printer is also printed to print smart card with photo.
Once the beneficiary has to pay INR 30/- and the concerned government officials certify the smart card, an information sheet, description of the scheme and the list of hospitals provides to the beneficiary.
Check Related Article :-
- All Details Of Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa
- Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS): Know In Details
- All Details Of LIC Children’s Money Back Plan
- SBI Smart Champ VS Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Child Education Allowance Rules: Know In Details About It
- Details Of Children Education Allowance Exemption
Benefits of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
Beneficiaries will be eligible for health care insurance benefits which are designed by the respective State Governments on the basis of the needs of the people and the geographical area. However, the State Governments have been advised to include at least the following benefits in the package:
- The total sum insured will be fixed every year on a floater basis for INR 30,000/- per family
- The workers of the public sector and their family (five members) will be covered
- Along with the expenses incurred in the hospital, they will be covered, taking care of the most common diseases
- Cashless treatment will be provided for all covered diseases
- Transportation cost (with a maximum limit of INR 100/- per visit) will be provided within the total limit of INR 1000/-
- All pre-existing diseases will be covered under this scheme
The Beneficiary List Of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY):
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) was launched at the beginning of 2008 and was initially designed to target BPL families, but to cover the following other categories of public sector workers, this scheme has been expanded later. Let’s check out the beneficiary list of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) below:
- Licensed railway porter
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) workers who have worked for more than 15 days during the last financial year
- Building and Other Construction Workers Registered with Kalyan Boards
- Homeschooling Workers
- Bidder making
- Rolling track
- Auto or taxi driver
- Mining workers
- Garbage collectors
- Rickshaw pullers etc.