Our family is our biggest asset in life and to protect them in the best way is our foremost priority. To protect our loved ones we should buy them one of the best health insurance plan or mediclaim. So, if you are planning to buy a mediclaim for your Family then you can purchase the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Policy for your family’s protection at the time of emergency.
Policy Period: The policy period of this plan is 1 year only
Renewal Policy: Till 65 years old
Grace Period: 30 days
Sum Insured (Maximum): 5 lakhs
Sum Insured (Minimum): 2 lakhs
What is National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim and how it works?
- 1 What is National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim and how it works?
- 1.1 Key Features of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Policy:
- 1.2 Benefits Of The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim:
- 1.3 Documents Required For The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan:
- 1.4 Eligibility Criteria & Restrictions For The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan:
- 1.5 Exclusions of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim:
The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim is a plan for the family that safeguards your entire family at the time of medical emergency. For this, the policyholder has to pay a one-time premium for the entire period of his or her National Insurance Parivar mediclaim plan. The total Sum Insured that is selected by the sponsor can be collective by the all members of that particular family.
Grace Period of the Policy
In the case of breakdown in your policy, 30 days of grace period will be given to you to recompense your premium. For the duration of this period you won’t get any coverage under the policy.
Recommended Articles :-
- Retirement Life Insurance Benefits: What These Plans Cover
- Retirement Life Insurance Plans In India: Know In Details
- Growth of Insurance Sector in India: Know in Details
- Child Education Allowance Rules: Know In Details About It
- Child Education Plan: Know Which Is The Best Deal
- PLI Postal Life Insurance: Know In Details About PLI
Key Features of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Policy:
It is always suggested to go through the key features of an insurance plan before buying the plan to check whether the plan meets your requirements completely or not.
So, here I have listed down the key features of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan right below. Check out the key features of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim plan before you headed for buying the policy.
The policy offers pre-hospitalization costs for maximum 15 days & post hospitalization costs for maximum 30 days
Over and above 140 day of care procedures will be covered under the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy
You can renew the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy till the age of 65 years.
The Sum Insured quantity for this policy between INR 2 lakh – INR 5 lakh in incremental standards of INR 50,000
Expenses acquired for a certain single illness is restricted to 50% of the sum insured
This policy is designed for the whole family including of self, dependent children & parents, spouse.
Charges of the room are restricted not more than 1% of the total sum insured & the charges for the ICU are restricted not more than 2% of the total sum insured
The operation theater (OT) charges are restricted up to 10% of the total sum insured
Pre-existing ailments are covered only after 48-months of continuation of your National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy coverage.
Co-payment is admissible up to 10% – 25% in the case of hypertension & diabetes
The policyholders may have to wait 2 years for some conditions such as cataract, sinusitis, prostatic hypertrophy, joint replacement operation, hysterectomy, hernia, hydrocele, etc.
Benefits Of The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim:
The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy comes with a number of benefits with it. Let’s now check out the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy right below:
- The facility of going cashless can be obtained within the network hospitals
- Tax assistance for premium remunerated can be obtained under section 80D of the income tax
- Room rent expenses are paid by the national Insurance Parivar Mediclaim up to 1% per day of the total sum insured
- The severe care unit expenses are paid by the national Insurance Parivar Mediclaim up to 2% per day of the total sum insured
- The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy pays for the hospitalization charges such as fees of the surgeon, anesthetist, consultants, and medical practitioners
- Nursing care expenses, oxygen, blood, RMO charges, the charge of the IV fluids, administration charges and injections charges are paid by the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim policy
- Coverage delivered for the surgery expenses when the protected person is bestowing an organ to a different person
Documents Required For The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan:
The Application form or the proposal form
A precise medical history
Your address proof
The medical inspection may be obligatory in some circumstances, depending on the total sum assured & the age of the individual.
Eligibility Criteria & Restrictions For The National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Plan:
|Entry Age (Dependent children & Parents, Spouse)||3 months||25 years|
|Renewal Age||18 years||65 years|
|Policy Term||1 year||1 year|
|Coverage Amount||2 lakhs||5 lakhs|
Exclusions of the National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim:
All types of treatments excluding allopathic are provided
Injuries produced by war, nuclear weapons, or warlike activities are excluded
Injuries arose under the effect of alcohol or drugs
Any sexually conducted diseases, HIV, AIDS, and venereal diseases are excluded
Dental costs except expenses ascending from an accident will be excluded
Deliberate self-injuries or the injuries produced by the attempt to suicide will be excluded
Maternity costs are excluded
Any kinds of aesthetic or cosmetic treatments are excluded