The Government of India provides child education allowance which will promote schooling and education of children. All the employees working under the Government of India will be able to avail of this allowance for their children. This allowance has been implemented from 1 July 2017. Under this allowance, government employees will be helped in the monthly expenses required to teach their child. The government will bear the school fees, uniforms, books, copies and other expenses of the children of these employees.
In India Government employees are paid for the educational expenditures (school and hostel) of their kids from the Children Education Allowance (CEA). There are poles apart allowances, updates, rules, and components for the educational allowances. Today let’s talk about the Child Education Allowance Rules in this Article.
Presently, Children Education Allowance (CEA) is paid to up to class 12 students. There are demands to lengthen this to the Graduate students and to the Post Graduate scholars too. However, this isn’t seemed to be possible to be acknowledged as the studies vary significantly at the level of graduation and post-graduation.
Every Government employee can have the benefit of Child Education Allowance (CEA) for their child’s education expenses. The Child Education Allowance (CEA) was initiated on 1st July 2017. Under this scheme, the government employees will get monthly education expenses for their child’s education.
Table of Contents
Who Can Get Child Education Allowance (CEA)?
Source :- indiacelebrating . com
This Child Education Allowance (CEA) is for all the employees’ children who work under government. From group D Clark to Group A officers every employee’s children can have this facility.
Child Education Allowance Rules for Reimbursement:
Source :- careerlinked . org
Under this Child Education Allowance (CEA) the schooling, school fees, uniform expenses all are paid by the Indian Government to its employee’s children. Let’s know in details about the Child Education Allowance Rules from reimbursement below:
- This Child Education Allowance Rules for reimbursement shows that only the first two children of a government employee will get the facility from the Government. However, in case the younger child is twins then the 3rd child will also get the child education allowance facilities.
- Once the government employee already pays the school fees, only then he or she can claim for the Child Education Allowance (CEA).
- Under the Child Education Allowance Rules/CEA allowance, it has been said the child must be a student of an affiliated school. It means that the school must be registered by either the Central government of the state government.
- If both the parents are government employees then only one parent can claim for this CEA and he or she also has to provide a certificate assuring that he or she is not getting the Child Education Allowance (CEA) facility from anywhere else.
- The Child Education Allowance will pay education-related base expenses that are charged by the school such as tuition fees, admission fees, electronics, music, laboratory, sports and so many more.
- This Child Education allowance reimbursement rules are for primary to higher secondary studies. There are demands to lengthen this to the Graduate students and to the Post Graduate scholars too. However, this isn’t seemed to be possible to be acknowledged as the studies vary significantly at the level of graduation and post-graduation.
- As per the Child Education Allowance rules you can not claim for the pen, pencil expenses. However, the expenses related to books, copies will be paid by the government to its employee’s child’s education.
- If the school claims special class fees then that will also be covered by the Child Education Allowance (CEA) to the government employee.
- As per the Child Education Allowance Rules for reimbursement, private tuition or private courses will not be covered or can not be claimed for.
So, tuition fee reimbursement for central government employees/tuition fee reimbursement rules for central government employees is applicable in the CEA allowance.
Child Education Allowance Exemption Limit:
Source :- nff . org . uk
Here are the Child Education Allowance exemption limits provided below. Let’s check out the child education allowance exemption limit carefully:
- This child education allowance is applicable for up to 12th class students only.
- A government employee can not claim both the hostel subsidy and child education allowance at the same time. At a time only one facility will be provided to the employee.
- If a child fails in a class then he or she will still get the child education allowance facility in the next year. However, if the child gets admission to another school in the same class then he or she will not get the Child Education Allowance for that class.
Check Related Article:-
- Child Education Plan: Know Which Is The Best Deal
- Know The Details About LIC Child Career Plan
- Get Every Little LIC Kanyadan Policy Details Here
- What Is Intensified Mission Indradhanush & How It Works?
- SBI Life Smart Scholar To Give Your Child’s Dream Wings
- Know More About The Child Life Insurance Plans In India
- Child Education Plan: Know Which Is The Best Deal
- Details Of Children Education Allowance Exemption
- All Details Of LIC Children’s Money Back Plan