Star Health Optima is a family floater health plan. The name of the insurance scheme of Star Health and Allied Insurance Company is Family Optima. Under this, Maximum can take cover for 5 family members (2 adults and 3 children). The name of the insurance scheme of Star Health and Allied Insurance Company is Family Optima. The cost of the premium for Star Health Family Optima is Rs 11,055. The Family Optima Plan commences coverage after four years for the pre-existing disease. Free health check-up consultation fees and health checkups are included in this plan. The scheme also provides a lifetime renewal option.
Star Health Insurance Company has a whole range of options for its consumers. Among them, Star Health Optima & Star Comprehensive Policy are one of the famous ones. So, today in this article below, we are going to discuss or actually going to compare the star Health Optima vs Comprehensive insurance plan of the star insurance company.
However, even before knowing or comparing the star Health Optima vs Comprehensive insurance plan of the star insurance company we should at first know what are these policies are and what are there we are going to discuss or actually going to compare the star Health Optima vs Comprehensive insurance plan of the star insurance company… So, let’s get started with star health optima vs comprehensive:
Table of Contents
- Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan Review
- Features Of Family Health Optima
- Star Family Health Optima Insurance Policy Benefits
- – Organ Donor Costs:
- – Domiciliary hospitalization Costs:
- – Cover For New Born Baby:
- New Benefits Star Health Optima vs Comprehensive:
- – Compassionate Travel Cover:
- – Emergency Domestic Medicinal Departure:
- – Lump-sum for the Treatment in Chosen Network Hospital:
- – AYUSH treatment:
- – Assisted Generative Treatment:
- – Second Medical View:
- – Automatic Refurbishment of Sum Insured (SI):
- – Further Sum Insured (SI) for Road Traffic Accident (RTA):
- – No Claim Bonus:
- A Quick Glance At The Star Family Health Optima Insurance Policy
- Star Health Comprehensive Policy
- Features of the Star Health Comprehensive Policy
- Star Health Comprehensive Policy Benefits:
- Air Ambulance Benefits:
- – Costs for Delivery:
- – Ophthalmic / Dental Treatments as Out-Patient:
- – Health Checkup Benefit:
- – Hospital Cash Benefit:
- – Bariatric Surgery:
- – Accidental Death Cover:
- – No Claim Bonus:
- – A Quick Glance At The Star Health Comprehensive Policy
- Quick Comparison between Star Health Optima vs Comprehensive
Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan Review
The star health family optima insurance policy is considered one of the best health protection for both you & your beloved family. This plan provides a comprehensive cover at a low premium.
It offers monetary support to you as well as your beloved family on the floater basis at the time of the policy term. This Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima provides an auto-renewal benefit that permits the insured to upsurge the worth of their total sum assured.
Let’s now know more about the star optima health insurance before knowing the star health optima vs comprehensive:
Features Of Family Health Optima
- This family health optima star health plan offers cover for reproductive dealings, cost of the newborn baby
- Organ donor expenses will be sheltered under this policy
- The plan also pay attention to the expenses associated with the daycare treatments & domiciliary hospitalization dealing
- Provides Ambulance charges
- Provides free health check-ups after every single claim-free year
Star Family Health Optima Insurance Policy Benefits:
To know the difference between star health optima vs comprehensive we need to know the benefits of Star Family Health Insurance Policy/Star Health Insurance Optima. So, here we go…
Ambulance fees for the emergency conveyance to hospital or nursing home as per the specified limits
This policy gives room, nursing, and boarding costs as per its limits
Air Ambulance fees up to 10% of Basic Sum Insured (SI) during the whole policy period
This policy covers the cost of Consultants, Surgeon, Anesthetist, Specialist Fees, Medical Practitioner, Oxygen, Diagnostics, Operation Theatre, imaging modalities & Medicines as well as Drugs, Blood, Oxygen, Operation theatre, Cost of pacemaker and Diagnostic
Pre-Hospitalization costs up to 60 days earlier to the admission and Post-hospitalization’s costs acquired up to 90 days afterward the release from the hospital
– Organ Donor Costs:
Cover up to 10% of the total Sum Insured (SI) but not more than INR 1 lakh
– Domiciliary hospitalization Costs:
Cover for the medicinal treatment for a period beyond 3 days
– Cover For New Born Baby:
Cover for newborn starts from the 16th day of birth and thus subject to a certain limit of 10% of total Sum Insured (SI) but not more than INR 50000/-
New Benefits Of Star Health Optima:
– Compassionate Travel Cover:
The Insurance Company will payback for the transportation costs by air invited up to INR 5000/- for 1 family member to travel on the way to the place where the hospital is situated.
– Emergency Domestic Medicinal Departure:
The company repays the costs invited towards the transportation of the policyholder from the hospital to a different one up to the limits.
– Lump-sum for the Treatment in Chosen Network Hospital:
If medical emergency demand hospitalization, the Company will suggest a suitable hospital from their network for the treatment up to 1% of the Sum Insured (SI) subject to a maximum of INR 5000/- per insurance policy will be payable as a lump sum.
– AYUSH treatment:
AYUSH treatment is available in this policy up to its limits
– Assisted Generative Treatment:
The Insurance Company will repay medical costs acquired on Assisted Generative Treatments, where specified, for sub-fertility
The maximum responsibility of the Insurance Company for such treatments is partial to
- INR 1 lakh for total sum insured of INR 5 lakh and
- INR 2 lakhs for total sum insured of INR 10 lakhs and exceeding for each block of 36 months.
- A waiting period is 36 months from the date of 1st inception of the policy.
– Second Medical View:
The policyholder can get a Medicinal Second View from a Surgeon in the Insurance Company’s network of the Medical Practitioners
– Automatic Refurbishment of Sum Insured (SI):
Available 3 times at the rate of 100% each time, for the duration of the insurance policy period. Each restoration will work only after the collapse of the previous one.
– Further Sum Insured (SI) for Road Traffic Accident (RTA):
In case the policyholder encounters a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) resultant in the in-patient hospitalization, and thus the sum insured will be increased by the rate of 25% which is subject to a maximum of INR 500000.
This profit is only payable in case the policyholder was wearing a helmet and was traveling in a bike either as a pillion rider or a rider
– No Claim Bonus:
Following a no-claim year, a bonus of up to 25% of the basic sum insured (SI) in the 2nd year and added 10% for the following years would be permissible.
A Quick Glance At The Star Family Health Optima Insurance Policy
Plan Type- Family & Individual
Entry Age- Minimum 18 years to a maximum of 65 years
Sum assured- Minimum 1 lakh
The Star Health Insurance Family Optima is considered one of the most seamless plans to support your family. This is a family floater policy, which offers good coverage.
Star Health Comprehensive Policy
The Star Health Comprehensive Policy provides extensive cover options to its customers. Some perks of the health plan consist of limitless room rent as well as treatment cost cove.
The Star Health Comprehensive plan can pay attention to all your hospitalization costs; that is why it is called a comprehensive plan.
Let’s now know more about the Star Health Insurance Comprehensive Plan before knowing the star health optima vs comprehensive:
Features of the Star Health Comprehensive Policy
- This plan offers bariatric surgery as well as covers other related complications
- There is no upper boundary on its treatments expenses and the room rent
- Under this plan, the policyholder can get free wellbeing check-up after completing at least 3 (three) claim-free years
- Under the policy, even the maternity expenses get covered
- Other covers consist of a second opinion, transportation services, dental, daycare, personal accident, and daily allowances cover
Star Health Comprehensive Policy Benefits:
To know the difference between star health optima vs comprehensive we need to know the benefits of Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy review. So, here we go…
Hospitalization cover keeps the policyholder for in-patient hospitalization costs for the least period of 24 hours. These costs include the Surgeon, room rent (Only Usual A/C room), Anesthetist, nursing as well as boarding fees, Medical Practitioner, Specialist fees, Consultants, Drugs and Cost of Medications.
Ambulance fees for the emergency conveyance to hospital or nursing home as per the specified parameters
Pre-Hospitalization costs up to 30 days earlier to the admission and Post-hospitalization’s costs acquired up to 60 days afterward the release from the hospital
Coverage for the domiciliary hospitalization for the period beyond three days
Out-patient session (other than ophthalmic and dental) costs up to the limits stated
Air Ambulance Benefits:
Allowable up to the rate of 10% of Sum Insured (SI) chosen, during a policy period is applicable for the sum insured of INR 7.5 lakhs and exceeding only.
– Costs for Delivery:
Comprising Pre & Postnatal costs up to the limit stated. There is a waiting period of up to 36 months of nonstop cover under the policy.
Automatic cover for the Newborn (comprising of both internal & external inborn problems) till the expiry of your current policy.
Vaccination costs for the Newborn up to INR 1000/- allocated.
– Ophthalmic / Dental Treatments as Out-Patient:
On one occasion in a time period of 3 years irrespective of the fact if a claim was made or not
– Health Checkup Benefit:
The expenses of Health Check-up given after a time period of each 3 claim-free years
– Hospital Cash Benefit:
The hospital money profit for each accomplished day of the hospitalization
– Bariatric Surgery:
Costs acquired on hospitalization for the bariatric surgical process as well as its difficulties thereof are allocated to a maximum of INR 250000/- all through the insurance policy tenure
Cover under this is subject to the waiting period of at least 36 months and thus is allocated only whereas the policy is active
This maximum boundary of INR 250000/- is wide-ranging of the pre and post-hospitalization costs
The claim under it is processed only on the cashless base
– Accidental Death Cover:
The person selected by the Nominator during premium payment as stated in the program herein is enclosed for the Personal Accident
– No Claim Bonus:
Following a no-claim year, a bonus of up to 50% of the basic sum insured (SI) would be permissible. Where there is a case the Bonus would be turned around in a similar request wherein it was given.
– A Quick Glance At The Star Health Comprehensive Policy
Plan Type- Family & Individual
Entry Age- Minimum 3 months to a maximum of 65 years
Sum assured- Minimum 5 lakh to maximum 25 lakh
Through the plan, the company not only attempted to offer comprehensive coverage to its customers but it also has attempted to provide health insurance requirements to a bigger group of persons.
Quick Comparison between Star Health Optima vs Comprehensive
Check out the table to get a brief idea about the differences between the Star Health Optima vs Comprehensive policies. So, here you go with the star health optima vs comprehensive:
|Star Family Health Optima||Star Health Comprehensive Policy
|Policy Term (Years)||1 year||1 year|
|Entry Age (Child)||16 Days to 25 years||16 Days to 25 years|
|Entry Age (Adult)||18 years to 65 years||18 years to 65 years|
|Medical Tests Age (In case of No Pre-Policy)||51||51|
|Room Rent||Not Covered||Total-Rent|
|Post-hospitalization Costs||Total costs for Up to 90 days||Total costs for Up to 90 days|
|Pre-hospitalization costs||Total costs for Up to 60 days||Total costs for Up to 60 days|
|Ambulance Costs||Up to INR 1500/-||Up to INR 1500/-|
|Organ Donor Costs||10% of the Sum Insured, Subject to Max of 1 lakh||10% of the Sum Insured, Subject to Max of 1 lakh|
|Hospital Network (Cashless)||Over 8000 hospitals across India||Over 8000 hospitals across India|
|Grace Period||120 days||120 days|
|Tax Benefit||Under section 80D||Under section 80D|
|International Treatment||Not Covered||Not Covered|
So, as you know the difference between star health optima vs comprehensive you can buy the right one as per your need. Comparison between star health optima vs comprehensive is made in this article to make it clear to you which one you must buy.
- Know In details about The Cancer Insurance Policy India
- Best advice for disability insurance for self employed workers
- Know About Some Of The Best LIC Plans For 5 Years
- Ways to choose the appropriate cancer insurance for family
- Know Every Detail About The National Mediclaim Policy
- Countless Benefits of Health Card
- Fascinating Benefits of Critical Illness Insurance for Senior Citizens
- Beneficial health protection information
- Health Card facilities for Senior Citizens