Indian Government has decided to issue an electronic health card which will have a unique identification number containing information regarding medical history. It is said by the officials of Indian Union Ministry of Health and Family that the action has taken for creating a better health management system. But other than that a health card is also issued by the insurance company. Now let’s talk about several benefits of health card.
countless benefits of health card
What is a health card?
A health card is an identity card given by the health insurance company to the insured person. The benefits of health card are countless. This health card gives the card holder access to the listed hospitals where the insured person will get all sorts of benefits for health card.
Benefits of health card are listed below:
There are a countless amount of benefits of having a health card. Very few people know about these facilities.
- Pre-existing and also the recently found diseases get fully covered with the health insurance.
- Free ambulance facility cover
- You can go cashless to the hospital.
- You don’t have to think twice before going for a regular check-up.
- You can use this card to pay off the medicine bills, hospital bed charges and other costs with this card.
- You can have this card for only yourself or for a couple or family. It entirely depends on you.
- With your card you also can avail discount on another card for your loved ones.
In India there are several schemes on health care for citizens issued by the Government to avail all sorts of health benefits. These schemes are there to help citizens to decrease the economic burden.
Health card for citizens is one of the most beneficial schemes out there in the market. This year the Government has announced aadhaar-based smart health card for citizens through LIC savings. Though this card, one can get 8% interest rate.
Steps to get health card
- Be extremely careful while filling up the required information. Wrong information can lead your application to a rejection. So, fill up the policy in a calm mind.
- The applicant will have to go through a several number of basic health checkups. These basic check-ups may also lead to taking tests such as blood test for sure, diabetes test, urine test, eye test and so many more.
- The insurance company’s doctor will verify these tests to see whether you are able to get the health card for citizens.
- Policy holder won’t get cover for the discovered diseases.
- Once you become a policy holder then you will be able to avail up to INR 10,000-20,000 for excise exemption under the Section 80D.
Though there are a few health insurance for the citizens, which don’t require any kind of medical test to become a policy holder or get the health card for citizens.
In present time the cost of medicines and other medical treatment are going beyond our reach. Day-by-day the price of essential commodities are raising a lot. So, the treatment cost too raising beyond imagination. Thus, we all need health insurance. Especially the citizens as their income are not rising anymore but the expenses increasing.
Though there are a lot of myths regarding these health insurances for citizens. You should research on this yourself to get out of these myths.
Here is the list of myths regarding health card:
- Healthy and fit persons don’t need any health insurance. It is the biggest misconception as old age is the peak time to get ailments or illness. So, it is safe to have insurance in advance.
- A Higher cost of health insurance sometimes discourages citizens to have one. But they should keep it in mind that these policies will help them in a long run.
- Sometimes pre-existence diseases don’t get coverage. But it is not always true. It depends on the agencies. So choose the agency wisely.
- Most of the people tend to have this misconception that group insurance is adequate to cover. But it is not true at all. You need health insurance to cover health issues properly.
So, without further delay get yourself covered with a health insurance and live life happily. Those above mentioned benefits of health cards will help you to live life tension free.
Check Related article :-
- travel insurance for thailand
- health policy and planning
- overseas medical insurance for schengen visa
- international travel health insurance
- health insurance laws
- benefits of travel insurance