Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa is a health insurance scheme launched by the state government of Goa for all the people residing in the state for five and more years. Under this scheme, the government will provide an insurance cover of Rs. 2.5 lakh for a family of up to 3 members and an insurance cover of Rs. 4 lakh for a family more than 4 members in the state.
This scheme has been launched to facilitate and take the medical services to the next level, the State of Goa envisaged the present scheme to provide its people, quality medical care and treatment of diseases, hospitalization, and surgery through Government and private hospitals.
The welfare of the people of the State is the endeavor of any Government and to achieve this end, the social security net requires further strengthening. As a result, the State Government announced Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa in its State Budget to provide health coverage through an insurance policy Scheme to the entire resident population of the State. Thus, Health Insurance could be an innovative way of overcoming financial handicaps, improving access to quality medical care and providing financial protection against high medical expenses to the people of the State of Goa.
Coverage of Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa:
- 0.1 Coverage of Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa:
- 0.2 Other Procedures That Goa Has Incorporated:
- 0.3 Procedure Included:
- 0.4 Benefits:
- 0.5 Eligibility Criteria:
- 0.6 Document Required:
- 0.7 Insurance Card Registration Fees (One card for one family):
- 0.8 Exclusions of the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa:
- 1 Empanelled Hospitals Of Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa:
The government has tied-up with the United India Insurance Company Ltd for the insurance scheme, and the technical partner for providing the insurance cards will be Goa Electronics Ltd (GEL). In all, 16 centers across the state will be set-up by GEL for registration and issuance of the insurance scheme cards.
The annual installment of the insurance premium is Rs. The government will pay 3,206 per family to the insurance company. Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa provides health insurance for the entire resident population of Goa who is residing in Goa for five years and more.
The main aim of the scheme is to provide quality medical care, treatment of diseases, hospitalization, and surgery through Government and private hospitals. The objective of Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa is to provide health insurance to overcoming the financial problem, improving access to quality medical care and providing financial protection against high medical expenses to the people of the state of Goa.
Various health packages come under this scheme. The insurance covers about 276 types of diseases in government hospitals and 147 diseases in private hospitals is also covered under this scheme.
Other Procedures That Goa Has Incorporated:
- High-end Diagnostics merely on the recommendation of Government Doctors / Hospitals as well as at a rate fixed & discovered by the GMC (Goa Medical college)
- Medication for long-lasting diseases such as Hypertension, Diabetes, etc.
- Medication for devastating disorders such as Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy, and Multiple Sclerosis
- Amount shan’t exceed INR 15000/- per annum
- Ayurveda hospitalization or Mental Health ( based on AYUSH / NIMHANS) advise as well as restricted merely to Government Institutions / Hospitals
- Medication for chronic lifestyle diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension. The amount shall not exceed Rs. 15000/- per anum.
- Medication for debilitating disorders like Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis and Cerebral Palsy.
- Mental Health/Ayurveda hospitalization ( based on NIMHANS/AYUSH) advise and restricted only to Government Hospitals/Institutions.
- High-end Diagnostics only on the referral of Govt. Hospitals /Doctors and at rates discovered and fixed by GMC.
- Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa covers an entire resident population of the State, residing in Goa for five years and more.
- Covers of up to INR 2.5 lakhs per year for a family of 3 and/or fewer members.
- Cover of up to INR 4 Lakhs for a family of 4 and/or more members.
- You can get the Insurance benefits collectively or individually
A person is allowed to take a developed cover straight from the Insurance Corporation by giving greater premium, devoid of having any effect on the existing govt. policy & facilities.
- A person residing in Goa for 5 or more than 5 years is eligible for Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa.
- Government employees (State Govt. as well as central Govt. employees) will not be covered under the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa.
- Adhar Card of all your family members
- Residence proof such as passport or Residence certificate (5 years residence in Goa) or Voter ID or Driving License.
- Ration Card.
- Caste certificate for OBC/SC/ST
- Disability certificate (if any)
- Application form of course
Insurance Card Registration Fees (One card for one family):
Goa Electronic Ltd. (GEL) will provide the cards.
- On payment of Rs. 200/ for a family of 3 and less and Rs. 300/- for a family of
4 and above.
- Concession of 50% for OBC/SC/ST /Differently abled head of the family.
Exclusions of the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa:
- Government employees won’t be able to get coverage under the scheme
- Any process not comprised in the list of the 447 procedures won’t get coverage under Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa.
Empanelled Hospitals Of Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, Goa:
Check Related Article:-
- Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS): Know In Details
- All Details Of LIC Children’s Money Back Plan
- SBI Smart Champ VS Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Child Education Allowance Rules: Know In Details About It
- Details Of Children Education Allowance Exemption
- Child Education Plan: Know Which Is The Best Deal